Answer: To factory reset your Echo Dot 3rd generation:
- Open the Echo Dot’s Settings screen by pressing the home button and then tapping on the “Settings” icon.
- Under “General”, tap on “Reset.”
- Tap on “Erase all settings.
How do I reset Echo for new a owner?
Answer: If you own Echo and are looking to give it away or sell it, there is a procedure you need to go through in order to reset the device for new ownership. To do this, first, make sure that your Echo is connected to the internet. Then open the “Settings” app on your Echo and tap on “Advanced Settings.” Next, navigate to “Music & Photos” and select “Device Info.” From here, find the tab titled “Serial Number,” click on it, and enter your new serial number. Finally, hit save settings and confirm that everything looks correct. Once all of this has been completed, just say goodbye to Echo!
How do I remove an Echo Dot from my account?
Answer: If you are experiencing issues with your Echo Dot, there is a chance that you may be able to remove it from your account. To do this, first, try restarting your device:
1) Make sure the Echo Dot is plugged in and turned on
2) Press and hold the “Alexa” button until the blue ring around the lamp turns orange
3) Keep holding down the “Alexa” button until an Amazon voice says “Please provide activation code.” Initiate reset by saying: “Ok, Reset.” You will then be prompted to enter your password.
How do I remove all Alexa devices and start over?
Answer: If you have an Alexa device and want to start over, there are a few different steps that you need to take. First, go to https://www.Alexa.com/devicereset and sign in with your Amazon account credentials. Next, select the devices that you want to delete from your account. Afterward, click on Delete Account at the bottom of the page. Finally, confirm your decision by clicking on Reset Profile at the top of this page. Once everything is done, be sure not to use any of these devices again!
How do I unpair Alexa devices?
Answer: To unpair, a device, go to the Alexa app on your phone and sign in. From there, select your profile picture at the top right of the screen and select Settings. At the bottom of this page, tap Devices. Tap the item you want to unpair and follow the instructions.