Answer: You can reset the iOS Simulator by deleting the ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/ directory. is a unique device identifier that is generated when you create a new iOS Simulator. For example, if your device identifier is “5K33N5,” then you would delete the ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/5K33N5 directory to reset the iOS Simulator.
If you have multiple devices in your simulator, then you will also need to delete the corresponding directories in the ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles directory.
How do I reset Xcode simulator?
Answer: Xcode provides three ways to reset the simulator.
1) Click on the “Reset Content and Settings” button in the “Hardware” menu. This will reset the simulator to its default settings.
2) Select “Simulator > Reset Contents and Settings” from the menu bar. This will reset the simulator to its default settings.
3) Use the “xcrun simctl erase alldata” command line tool to reset the data of all devices in the simulator. For more information, see: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Xcode/Reference/xcrun_man_page/#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007677-
How do I wipe iOS emulator?
If you’re using a physical iPhone or iPad, you can wipe it by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. However, if you’re using an iOS emulator, there is no built-in way to do this.
One workaround is to delete the entire iOS simulator directory from your machine. This will effectively reset the simulator back to its original state. To do this, open up a Terminal window and type the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Library/CoreSimulator.
How do you refresh iOS simulator?
It’s actually quite simple to refresh your iOS simulator. Just follow these steps:
- Quit the iOS simulator if it is already running.
- Launch Xcode and go to the “Home” screen.
- In the menu bar, select “Xcode > Open Developer Tool > Simulator.”
- From here, you can choose what device type you want to simulate as well as which version of iOS you want to run on top of it.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click “Launch.” And that’s it! Your simulator will now be running the latest version of iOS with all the latest features and changes!
How do I delete data from simulator?
There are a few ways to delete data from a simulator. You can either delete the data files on your computer, or you can delete the data files from within the simulator.
To delete the data files from your computer, navigate to your simulator’s folder and delete the following files:
- main.db (or “main” for some simulators)
- world.db (or “world” for some simulators)
- texture.db (or “texture” for some simulators)
To delete the data files from within the simulator, open up the simulator and go to File > Delete World. This will delete all of the world’s data, including any buildings or other objects.